PRESS RELEASE: A-Star Sports’ hat-trick as 3x finalist in national What’s On 4 Junior Awards 2012
The finalists for the prestigious What’s On 4 Junior Awards 2012 have just been announced – and A-Star Sports is amongst them!
The awards – in association with Konfidence, supported once again by Prima Baby & Pregnancy magazine and for the 1st time, First News – are now in their sixth year and celebrate the best activities and providers from across the UK, as nominated and voted for by the experts – parents and carers. A-Star Sports is a finalist in the following categories:
- Best New Activity for Children
- Best Children’s Party Entertainment
- Most Outstanding Activity Leader for children aged 5-12 (Kevin Key)
A-Star Sports is now considered amongst the top few providers in theUKas voted for by parents.
A-Star Sports is a fun-filled multi-sports experience for children aged 2-10 years. They offer inclusive, developmental multi-sports coaching in a positive environment that begins with an initial ABC-based programme (agility, balance and co-ordination) and develops into a core of ten sports – basketball, cricket, dodgeball, football, handball, hockey, rounders, rugby, tennis and volleyball. The programme also includes activities inspired by sport in the news for children to discover sports over and above this core ten. In addition to weekly classes, A-Star Sports also offers birthday parties, holiday clubs and events.
Gary Bassett, co-founder of A-Star Sports said: “The turnout for voting has been brilliant. Over 45,000 votes were cast and it’s amazing to know that many of them were for us, enabling us to reach the finals. We’ve had lots of parents wishing us well in our classes, parties and holiday clubs, as well as messages on Facebook and Twitter. We’re passionate about sport and coaching children to enjoy sport for life and so are our customers.”
Kevin Key, co-founder of A-Star Sports, and finalist in the Most Outstanding Activity Leader for children aged 5-12, said: “To be a finalist in the awards so soon after launching the company is unbelievable. The feedback we’ve been getting has been amazing – the children and their parents love the fun-filled classes. We are committed to ensuring sport is accessible for all abilities, helping to develop well-rounded children who enjoy healthy activity. Our long term aim is for children to proactively choose sport as a positive part of their lives through individual pursuits, junior clubs and beyond.” In 2010, the award for Most Outstanding Activity Leader for children aged 5-12 was won by two of Kevin’s fellow co-founders, Gary and Sharon Bassett.
The winners of the awards will be announced on 15th June 2012.
Every children’s activity, class, volunteer and party supplier in the country had the chance to be nominated, thus ensuring the awards are a true representation of the keenness and committment of the UK’s parents and carers to recognise and reward the very best.
What’s On 4 founder Sam Willoughby said: “2012 has seen our most exciting awards to date. Not only have we received a record number of votes, we have also launched our awards inAustraliafor the 1st time! It’s been a very closely fought contest, all of our finalists should be very proud to be held in such high esteem by the nation’s parents and we can’t wait to reveal the winners in June.”
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. For more information, logos / visuals or for a photoshoot opportunity, please contact Sharon Bassett at A-Star Sports on 07932 182148 or email@example.com.
2. A-Star Sports Ltd launched in November 2011 – www.a-starsports.co.uk. Also on:
The co-founders of the A-Star Sports® franchise business bring together 50+ years of coaching experience, best practice and creativity. From sports performances at school, county and national level through to coaching in clubs, schools and organisations in theUKand beyond. The A-Star Sports® expert advisory team includes those with experience in the national governing bodies of sports, as PE specialists and teachers, as child psychologists and authorities in child behaviour management, as well as business, partnership and sports management professionals.
3. Co-founders’ and directors’ profiles can be found at:
- Sharon Bassett – uk.linkedin.com/in/SharonBassett
- Gary Bassett – uk.linkedin.com/in/GaryBassett
- Kevin Key – uk.linkedin.com/in/KevKey
4. Weekly A-Star Sports classes currently run in the following areas:
- Chester& surrounding areas
- Dumfries & Galloway
- Dundee & Angus
- East & West Dunbartonshire and surrounding areas
- Edinburgh North, West & surrounding areas
- EdinburghSouth & East, Midlothian andEast Lothian
- North Lanarkshire
- Perth & Kinross /East Fife
- Renfrewshire & surrounding areas
- South Lanarkshire
Local holiday clubs and parties are also available.
4. What’s On 4 Ltd is an award winning business with on-line directories providing comprehensive and up to date details of activities and party services for children, live events and 2 national awards ceremonies. Over 1 million visitors enjoy the WO4 sites a year and What’s On 4 can now be found inAustralia,Ireland and theUSA withNew Zealand soon to follow. For more information see www.whatson4.co.uk
5. The Finalists and winners can use the What’s On 4 2012 awards logos on their website and other marketing material and the winners and finalists will each received an awards certificate.