Weekly classes terms & conditions
For general ‘Weekly classes’ terms and conditions, please see below. For our current promotion with The Carphone Warehouse, please note that:
A-Star Sports is a fun-filled multi-sports experience for children aged 2-10 years. Vouchers are for two free sessions at an A-Star Sports class. Sessions attended must be consecutive weekly term-time classes and booked in advance, are subject to available places and vouchers are not redeemable in conjunction with any other offer. Class times, days and venues vary depending on age group and franchise area. After the two free sessions, customers can decide whether or not to register for a regular place in accordance with the general terms and conditions below. Participating franchises can be contacted via http://www.a-starsports.co.uk/our-programme/find-a-local-class/ or by calling 0845 459 2210.
There is no cash alternative for this voucher.
Weekly classes – for children aged 2-10 years
- Customers are responsible for their children at all times (except during a class where the child is not accompanied by a parent / guardian).
- Customers must inform their coach of any health issues that may be relevant, including changes in a child’s health or well-being prior to the start of a class. It is advised that children requiring (prescription) medication should take it prior to attending a class as appropriate. For children who need to self-administer medication in classes (e.g. an asthma inhaler), parents / carers / guardians should advise the coach of their permission for their child to do this. For children who require basic support, please detail this on the registration form and discuss individual needs with the coach. For specialist support beyond a basic level and/or outside of a coach’s training, parents / carers / guardians must remain with their children at all times.
- Customers must follow health and safety procedures as advised to them by their coach.
- All coaches hold up-to-date first aid certificates and are fully DBS / PVG (Scotland only) checked.
- Customers accept that at times there will be physical contact between the coach and their child in a professional, caring manner.
- Customers should aim to arrive no more than 10 minutes before the class and leave no more than 10 minutes after the class to facilitate class changeover. Customers should drop-off and collect children from within the premises where classes are held.
- Customers are advised to bring a drink for their children but to avoid bringing snacks for during class times to minimise mess at coaching venues.
- For class cancellations / dates when classes will not be taking place, coaches will give as much notice as possible. In the event of a last minute class cancellation, customers will be notified by text message to their mobile phone. If customers do not supply a mobile phone number, a voice text will be left on the home number provided. A-Star Sports will not reimburse expenses caused by a customer failing to pick up their message.
- A-Star Sports operates a parent / adult observer system to allow for one parent / carer / guardian of a child in the class to remain for its duration as an additional adult for safeguarding children purposes. We will try to ensure that a parent observer is present at every class but cannot be held responsible if no observer attends. We ask that children who are two years old are accompanied at all times.
- Coaches make every effort to avoid injury during classes. In the event an injury should occur, coaches will administer appropriate first aid to children as required. Where an illness or an injury requires further emergency medical treatment, customers give their permission (if not observing the class and not contactable by phone) for this treatment to take place by signing the registration form/joining the class.
- Lost property found at coaching venues will be kept for a period of four weeks. During this time every effort will be made to return lost property but it may be disposed of if it remains unclaimed.
- Photography (other than by pre-arranged consent) is not permitted at any time.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in all coaching venues.
Fees / refunds / notice period
- Fees are payable in advance due within 28 days of each monthly / bi-monthly invoice.
- In the event of a lesson being cancelled by a coach, customers will be credited for that lesson on the following invoice.
- If a lesson is cancelled part way through, customers will only be credited if they were in attendance, and for the part of the lesson that had to be cancelled.
- In the event that a child is unable to attend a class due to sickness or holiday, we regret that we are unable to refund payment as this secures an ongoing place on our programme.
- If a customer’s cheque is returned from the bank unpaid, a £10 administration charge may be applied.
- Due to the ongoing, developmental nature of the A-Star programme, customers are required to give one month’s notice to terminate attendance at a class.
- As a growing business in a professional coaching environment, we place great importance on high quality training of new coaches and franchise owners. This training may take place in customers’ local classes and will always be under the full supervision of a qualified and experienced coach.
All customers are expected to abide by the terms and conditions set out above. In the unlikely event where a customer fails to do this, we may request that they no longer continue classes with A-Star Sports.
Our coaches regularly survey customers to ensure that they are very happy and satisfied with the service provided and can support us in positive developments for the future.
Should any issues arise, please speak to the local franchise owner / coach where appropriate in the first instance. Customers can also contact Head Office on the details below and the A-Star team will make every effort to resolve the matter satisfactorily.
T: 0845 459 2210