PRESS RELEASE: New ‘A-Star’ partnership for A-Star Sports (Chester) & Cheshire County Sports Club
A-Star Sports (Chester & surrounding areas) and Cheshire County Sports Club join forces to offer fun-filled holiday clubs for primary aged children
Award-winning coaches and two of A-Star Sports’ co-founders, Sharon & Gary Bassett, have joined forces with Cheshire County Sports Club, Cheshire’s premier sporting facilities, to offer year-round multi-sports holiday clubs for the Chester & surrounding areas region.
This exciting new programme of activities will begin on Monday 23rd July for six weeks during the Summer holidays and will include a wide range of games and sports. Holiday clubs will then run every school holiday thereafter. Children aged 5+ can register for half- and full days. Children aged 3 and 4 can register for half days (a morning or an afternoon session on any day).
A-Star Sports is a fun-filled multi-sports experience for children aged 2-10 years, with holiday clubs for children aged 3+ years. They offer inclusive, developmental multi-sports coaching in a positive environment that begins with an initial ABC-based programme (agility, balance and co-ordination) and develops into a core of ten sports – basketball, cricket, dodgeball, football, handball, hockey, rounders, rugby, tennis and volleyball. The programme also includes activities inspired by sport in the news for children to discover sports over and above this core ten. With the wide range of facilities available at Cheshire County Sports Club, these additional opportunities will include athletics (with Olympics and Paralympics emphasis), golf, sofcrosse and tchoukball.
Gary Bassett, co-founder, director and coach at A-Star Sports, said: “Joining forces with one of the North West’s leading sports venues is a fantastic opportunity for us. The team at Cheshire County Sports Club really share our values of opening up opportunities for children of all abilities to experience a wide range of sports, games and activities. Being in such a positive environment, encourages everyone to really have fun and enjoy healthy activity.”
Kevin Jones, duty manager at Cheshire County Sports Club, adds: “We’re delighted to be working with A-Star Sports and to offer an inclusive, action-packed multi-sports programme for our new holiday club provision. There’s already been a lot of interest from our customers here at the Club as well as from new ones in touch with the A-Star Sports team. We’re on for an A-Star summer!”
A-Star Sports has also been nominated in this year’s What’s On 4 Junior Awards in the following categories:
- Best New Activity for Children
- Best Children’s Party Entertainment
Nominations were made by customers in early 2012 and A-Star Sports reached the voting stages. Finalists will be announced shortly. Winners are to be announced on 15th June. In 2010, Sharon and Gary Bassett won the ‘Most Outstanding Activity Leaders for children aged 5-12′ in these awards.
Picture (left to right): Kevin Jones & Gary Bassett at Cheshire County Sports Club
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. For more information, logos / visuals or for a photoshoot opportunity, please contact Sharon Bassett at A-Star Sports: 07932 182148 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. A-Star Sports, Chester & surrounding areas, is a franchise of A-Star Sports Ltd, launched in November 2011:
Press page: www.a-starsports.totemapp.com/press
3. Weekly A-Star Sports classes in the local area run at 12+ venues, Monday – Saturday. Multi-sports holiday clubs run every school holiday at Cheshire County Sports Club. Parties are also available. Full details at:
4. Cheshire County Sports Club is one of the North West’s leading sports venues where sportsmen, women and children of all abilities have access to a wide range of top quality sporting and social facilities. The Club is a non-profit making company incorporated in 2002 to replace the former ‘County Officers Club’ which had been operating on the site since 1976. The Club now provides extensive and high quality facilities to the local community and numerous organisations including schools and various sporting and social groups. The Club is independent from Local Authority influence or control and has long term security to facilitate stability and growth. The Club acts as ‘host’ venue to scores of sporting teams, social groups, societies and organisations, who are all proud to call the Cheshire County Sports Club ‘home’! There are regular fixtures from local, regional and national leagues involving a variety of sports. Over 5,000 individuals make regular use of the facilities. Full details available at: http://www.cheshirecountysports.co.uk/ or by contacting Kevin Jones on 01244 318167.