A-Star Sports Chester achieves healthy workplace status
A-Star Sports based in Chester & surrounding areas, has been commended for demonstrating its commitment to the health and wellbeing of its employees by receiving a Simplyhealth Healthy Workplace award.
Provided by healthcare provider Simplyhealth, the Healthy Workplace awards recognise the contribution that UK organisations, in both the private and public sector, make to the welfare of employees. Winners of the award provide employees with a range of initiatives and benefits that help to keep their workforce motivated and healthy.
Sharon Bassett, local A-Star Sports director & coach, comments: “Over the last few years we’ve put a lot of emphasis on looking after our staff, from health care and healthy eating through to free fun physical activity resources for families and a wider employee assistance programme. We do a very physical job and we are role models for young children, so it’s important to prioritise health and well-being in both our professional and personal lives. This award is fantastic recognition of our achievements through putting such positive steps in place.”
Howard Hughes from Simplyhealth remarks: “We run this award scheme because we want to recognise and encourage companies to care about the health of their people. We believe that companies can make a positive contribution to the health of our nation. Congratulations to A-Star Sports on achieving Simplyhealth Healthy Workplace status and demonstrating that the health and wellbeing of its employees is fundamental.”
For further information about A-Star Sports, Chester & surrounding areas please visit www.a-starsports.co.uk. For further information about Simplyhealth please click here, or to enter your company for a Healthy Workplace award please visit here.
Notes to editors
• We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
• We’ve been providing healthcare solutions for 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
• Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
• Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees’ health
• Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes
For further information:
Caroline Newton, Public Relations Manager 0844 579 2274/07795 294447
Lynsey Thorp, Public Relations Executive 0844 579 2266
For more information on local A-Star Sports classes, holiday clubs and parties in the Chester area, contact Sharon Bassett on the form below: